Breast Augmentation in South Korea
When asked about body image women report a higher level of overall confidence when having beautiful breasts and because of this, breast modification surgery has become particularly popular over the last two decades. The popularity of breast surgery has created a surge in the number or plastic surgery clinics and agencies around the world. Some with genuinely experienced and knowledgeable doctors with valid certification and others, not as much.
Unskilled doctors have been the cause of many breast revision surgeries that cost money and cause unnecessary discomfort and pain. This is why getting it right the first time is critical to us at Shin Medical. We partner with plastic surgery doctors who are specifically trained and specialize in mammoplasty. Our recommended doctors will assess your requirements based on your individual body type and make an educated evaluation on the surgery that suits you best.
Breast augmentation surgery is a cosmetic procedure that focuses on three main aspects; fullness, projection and proportion.
Breast augmentations can increase the fullness of your breasts, by changing the overall size of your breasts to more desirable dimensions. During your consultation, you and the doctor will decide together regarding the ideal size for your implants. This will be dependent on factors such as your height, weight, muscle tissue, and body shape.
Breast Implant Type
Breast augmentations can alter the projection of breast tissue by changing their position (low, moderate, or high) and shape (round or teardrop).
Breast augmentations can also alter the proportions of the breast tissue by changing asymmetrical, or uneven breasts to give them a more balanced and symmetrical appearance.
Breast Augmentation: Implant vs Fat Graft
Breast augmentations can be done by receiving implants or transferring fat by grafting.
Breast Augmentation via Implant
- Silicone Implants – Silicone implants are gel based, having less liquid content, and therefore are more likely to remain intact. Silicone implants are inserted in one of three ways; under the breasts, under the arms, or around the nipples. This will depend on the recommendations of your surgeon after they have evaluated your body type, desired result, type of implants, and how much enlargement you will like done. In the case of a rupture, the material is still very likely to remain intact.
- Saline Implants – This method utilizes an outer shell that is made of silicon and then filled with sterilized salt water known as saline. The saline implants will be inserted, via an incision made in the breast, by one of two methods. The empty silicone shell will be inserted into the breasts, and then filled to the desired size with a saline solution or, the silicone shell is pre-filled and then inserted into the breasts. Once again, this will depend on the doctor’s pre-op evaluation, the patient’s body type, and desired outcome.
* The clinics we work with use only the best implant products on the market, in order to guarantee the safety and satisfaction of our patients. For more information feel free to look into Motiva® implants Mentor® and Sebbin®.
- Armpit Incision – Using this method, the surgeon will make a 3-4cm incision near the armpit and insert the implants. Scarring with this method is nearly invisible, as the scar line follows along the wrinkle of the armpit. Armpit incision surgery is also more suitable for patients who are considering pregnancy in the future, as it will not affect the lobule alveolar system and thus, will not cause any breastfeeding obstacles.
- Underneath the Breast Incision – Using this method, the surgeon will make a 3-cm incision underneath the breasts in order to insert the implants. The targeted location is extremely accurate using this technique.
- Areolar T-cut Incision – The surgeon will make a 1-2cm cut line around the areola(nipple) in order to insert the breasts implants.
Breast Augmentation via Fat Transfer:
Fat graft breast augmentation uses liposuction to transfer fat tissue from other parts of the body and injects the fat tissue into the breasts. This method is used by women who are looking to increase their breast size by only a small amount, and would prefer a more natural finish.
This process may require multiple sessions, and there will be a limit on the breast size that can be obtained in this way. It is essential for patients receiving a fat graft breast augmentation to have an adequate supply of excess fat. It should be noted that in most cases not all of the fat that is injected will remain over time as some of the fat tissue will be reabsorbed by the body.
Breast Augmentation FAQ
It is not possible to suggest the cc directly and the volume of implant is not important because the cc will differ depending on the implant diameter. Therefore, the most important thing is to choose a correct implant with a diameter that match one’s chest. once the diameter has been chosen, you need also choose the degree of projection of the implant, then it will give you the cc. You could also tell the doctor the cup size you would like to have, and the doctor will suggest you with the number.
Before in the 2000s, it is mentioned that breast implant needs to be changed every 10 years. However, 20 years have passed and the implant has improved a lot. Currently, according to the implant manufacturer, if there is no problem with the implant, then there is no need to change.
After the surgery, a scar will be left at the surgical site for about 2~4cm.
It depends on what type of incision done during the surgery. if breast underline incision is used, the scar will be located in breast under fold. if armpit incision is used, the scar will be located on the armpit folds. If areola incision is used, then the scar will be around the areola circle.
It is not completely impossible. After having breast surgery, you can attend a dermatology to get a scar laser. It will make the scar faded and make it less seen.
You are advised to not lay down with your breast down and being pressed. you will also need to avoid getting your breast squeezed for around 4~6 months. Please avoid excessive exercise for 6 months as well.
Yes, sex or having intercourse will not give any problem to the breast. However, please avoid to get breast squeezed and avoid the breast getting moved.